Saturday, June 11, 2011

Layout - Comfortable Silence

Hello again!

Here's another 8.5" x 11" layout.  This one is of my two boys when we went to the Bedok Reservoir park.  It's just a couple of bus stops from home but it was our just our first time to visit there, after living nearby for 3 years!!!

I just adore this picture of them! I've to say, though, that i've to crop it for this layout - their auntie was in the picture, too :) - and i have too few photos of my 2 boys together. in. one. frame.  Heehee! 

Printed the photo directly on cardstock.  Got this idea from Australian Scrapbook Creations No. 87.  I don't buy much scrapbooking magazines because they're way too expensive for me.  The reason i like this one is because it has both layouts and cards in one mag, plus of course, i can squeeze it in the budget :)  The other mags i have are bought last year from a second-hand sale and had been published like 4 years ago!  I have now made them dog-earred and dilapidated and not worthy of 2nd-hand selling haha!

Oh, but i have gotten side-tracked.  Sorry about that.  Here it is:

Title:  Comfortable Silence


I love the simplicity of it.  I love the photo - how they are on a bridge, how they are together, one foot each in mid-air for a step, their shadows.  You might notice the blue hues at the bottom - am not sure if it's the printer ink or if i should've made the paper longer.  I don't mind, really :)

If you notice the area around the title, it's a bit shady, or blurry.  I wanted to use gesso to make the said area fainter than the rest of the patterned paper.  Since i don't have gesso (am on the lookout for small bottles of it in the local LSSs here.  Do they come in small bottles? i wonder.), i used white ink instead.  Maybe next time, i'd put on more ink so it'd be more noticeable.  Or maybe white paint?  (i foresee more experimenting. i love experiments!)

Would like to share the cropped pre-edited-for-printing photo:

Thank you for visiting!  Have a great weekend!

Materials:  All papers and embellishments are from Studio Calico's May kit (thru Scrappin Studio), Tim Holtz stamp, Versafine ink, Zig pen, plus twine from own stash.


No comments: